Are you not able to install a new Microsoft Windows 10 update? Are you frequently being provided with the similar update you installed earlier on your Windows 10 Pro or a specific update is not installed and displays an error message? These are common problems that Windows 10 users face while installing the updates.
Look for the Windows 10 Update Troubleshooter:
- Press the ‘Start’ menu> tab on ‘All Programs’> click on ‘Windows Update’ or ‘Microsoft Update’ whichever is present.
- On the Microsoft/Windows Update site, tap on the ‘Review your update history’. This will display the list of all the updates that already present on your PC.
- Click on the ‘Status’ tab and look for the failed update, and then close the window.
- When a new window comes up, note down the installation error number/code as you will require this to paste in the search box to fix the issue.
- Click on the ‘Find Solutions’ option in a similar window.
- Enter in or copy and paste the same error number in the ‘Type keywords here’ box in the Microsoft/Windows Update window, and enter on ‘Search’
- If the search bar shows up any suggestions, try searching the links and move on to fix the issue.
- Search the error code, if the search results come up with anything, follow the links and fix the issue.
- If nothing appears in the search bar, then go to the Windows 10 Technical Support
- Change Browser Settings:
- It may be possible that Microsoft’s website is not added to the list of your browser’s protected websites. You can change your browser’s settings to overcome this issue.
For Mozilla Firefox:
For Internet Explorer:
- Click on the Internet Explorer window; press on the ‘Tools’ tab.
- Tap on ‘Internet Options’ from the drop-down list.
- When the window appears, press on the ‘Security’ tab, press on the ‘Trusted Sites’ option, and then press on the ‘Sites’ button.
- When the window pops up, enter the Microsoft official website in the box that says ‘Add this website to the zone’ and tap on ‘Add’. If you want to add more websites, carry on, or else click on ‘Close’ to exit the window.
It is important to install Microsoft Windows 10, updates so as to keep your Operating System updated. These updates can be anything from significant files or definitions that fix program issues or safety flaws to Operating System patch-ups. Further, the updates permit enhanced interoperability among the OS and other programs or hardware such as drivers, router respectively.